This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1806 / 53°10'49"N
Longitude: -1.3903 / 1°23'24"W
OS Eastings: 440846
OS Northings: 365001
OS Grid: SK408650
Mapcode National: GBR 7C6.PB0
Mapcode Global: WHDFP.MB52
Entry Name: Bright Street Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311732
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79364
Location: North Wingfield, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, S42
District: North East Derbyshire
Civil Parish: North Wingfield
Built-Up Area: North Wingfield
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: North Wingfield St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 46 SW PARISH OF NORTH WINGFIELD BRIGHT STREET
2/16 (South Side)
Bright Street Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Early C18. Sandstone, cement rendered, with sandstone dressings. C20
tile roof with brick gable end stacks. Stone coped gables with moulded kneelers,
the kneelers to the south gable are missing. Two storeys. East elevation,
symmetrical, of five bays. Central doorway with massive stone lintel and jambs.
C20 glazed door. Flanked on each side by two C20 windows. To the first floor,
five 2-light square sectioned flush mullion windows, the centre window with
blocked lights. Giant pilasters at the angles of the east elevation. West
elevation with centre staircase tower with a 2-light square section flush mullion
window and signs of a blocked one lower down. C20 extension to the south west.
Inside, a staircase with thick turned balusters and to the attic landing, fretted
balusters. Listed for group value only.
Listing NGR: SK4084665001
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings