This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1456 / 53°8'44"N
Longitude: -1.6698 / 1°40'11"W
OS Eastings: 422181
OS Northings: 360985
OS Grid: SK221609
Mapcode National: GBR 58K.YF1
Mapcode Global: WHCDM.B62C
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 12 July 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311749
English Heritage Legacy ID: 80136
Location: Elton, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE4
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Elton
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Elton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
The previous list date of 12.7.67 shall be added to the following items:
Civil Parish of Elton
PARISH OF ELTON EAST END
SK 26 SW
5/6 (North Side)
Church of All Saints
Classical Church. 1812 with later alterations and additions. Regularly coursed
gritstone blocks, with coped gables and Welsh slate roof and nave and chancel.
West tower, nave, chancel, south porch and vestry. Tower, with embattled
parapet crocketed pinnacles and plain bands. Belfy lights, ground floor tower
lights, tower doorway and two north wall nave windows have semi-circular arched
heads with key blocks, remaining windows have Gothic pointed arched 2-light
openings, contemporary with south porch of 1879. Pointed arched east window with
intersecting tracery and hood mould. Vestry to north wall has cast iron window
with Gothic glazing bars and datestone of 1886. Interior; the font is a modern
copy of the original, circa 1200, now in Youlgreave Parish Church.
Listing NGR: SK2218160985
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings