This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6319 / 51°37'54"N
Longitude: -2.511 / 2°30'39"W
OS Eastings: 364728
OS Northings: 192685
OS Grid: ST647926
Mapcode National: GBR JV.8F29
Mapcode Global: VH87X.F7DV
Entry Name: Yew Tree Farmhouse
Listing Date: 5 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1312411
English Heritage Legacy ID: 35362
Location: Rockhampton, South Gloucestershire, BS35
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Rockhampton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Rockhampton St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 69 SW ROCKHAMPTON NEWTON
4/245 Yew tree Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Rear block dates from early C17, rest of house late Cl7, with later
alterations. Rubble, roughcast to north and west, double Roman tiled roof at
front, pantiled to rear, with gable stacks and ridge stack. L-plan.
2 storeys, 3 windows, 3 steep gables rising to ridge height, 3-light casements
at ground and 1st floor, decreasing in size, 2-light casement in each gable,
2nd bay from left has panelled and glass door in moulded frame. North elevation
has two 2-light casements at 1st floor and one at ground floor, 1½ storey rear
kitchen wing has two 2-light casements at ground floor and gable rising to ridge
height to each side, with 2-light casement, single storey lean- to and brick gable
stack; south elevation of wing has plank door in heavy moulded frame. South
elevation of main block has 2-light casement at ground and 1st floor, limestone
sundial with scratch markings set at 1st floor level; rear repeats pattern of front,
except door in chamfered frame to right, and small blocked stair lights at ground
and 1st floor between 2 gables to left, only timber lintels remaining. Interior:
parlour and parlour-chamber beams chamfered with scroll and bar stops, all others
scroll-stopped, kitchen door with heavy ovolo-moulded frame cut back for passage
of barrels; winder stair against hall stack. (Sources: Hall, Linda : Rural Houses
of North Avon and South Gloucestershire (1400-1720. 1983).
Listing NGR: ST6472892685
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings