This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0558 / 52°3'20"N
Longitude: -0.2181 / 0°13'5"W
OS Eastings: 522272
OS Northings: 241210
OS Grid: TL222412
Mapcode National: GBR J63.5N5
Mapcode Global: VHGN7.5LKD
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 16 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1312675
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37824
Location: Edworth, Central Bedfordshire, SG18
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Edworth
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Hinxworth
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 24SW EDWORTH DUNTON ROAD
16.1.52 The Old Rectory
House, formerly a rectory. C16, reworked C18 and extended C19. Substantial
timber framed construction, cased partly in pebbledash render and partly in
red brick. C19 blocks in gault brick. Clay tile roofs. Original building
forms 2 storeyed T-plan, with C19 2 storeyed parallel gabled block in N angle.
E elevation: LH gable has 2-light casement with glazing bars under cambered
tread to ground floor. First floor had round-headed sash window with glazing
bars flanked by 2 smaller sash windows under cambered heads. RH block has
first floor jetty with moulded fascia board. Ground floor has C20 French
window with glazing bars, first floor has 2 2-light leaded casements. Lean-to
porch within angle. Other elevations have variety of casements and sashes.
Serving the original blocks are 3 external brick chimney stacks, 2 to S
elevation, one to N gable, the latter rather substantial.
Listing NGR: TL2227241210
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings