History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Corston, Bath and North East Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3846 / 51°23'4"N

Longitude: -2.4419 / 2°26'30"W

OS Eastings: 369346

OS Northings: 165155

OS Grid: ST693651

Mapcode National: GBR JY.S0GB

Mapcode Global: VH893.MGFD

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 24 September 1984

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1312963

English Heritage Legacy ID: 32495

Location: Corston, Bath and North East Somerset, BA2

County: Bath and North East Somerset

Civil Parish: Corston

Built-Up Area: Corston (Bath and North East S

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Find accommodation in
Kelston

Listing Text

ST 66 NE CORSTON WELLS ROAD (south side)

3/77 Manor Farmhouse

G.V. II*

Farmhouse. Probably c.1628, altered c.1690 and late C18. Coursed rubble
with freestone dressings; hipped slate roof. 2 storeys and attics.
9 windows: 2-light cross windows on ground floor, in bolection moulded
surrounds and under dripmoulds; glazing bar sash windows on first floor with
continuous moulded cornice over. Central panelled door in bolection moulded
surround and under fine shell hood on carved brackets. 2 rear wings with some
casement windows in ovolo moulded surrounds; rear stair tower with 2-light
cross windows. Interior. Ground floor north (left) room has bolection
moulded fire surround and shell-headed cupboard. Staircase of turned
balusters and moulded handrail. Rear door, now to bathroom, has ogee and
ovolo moulded surround with lozenges to the outer part. First floor north
(left) room: fielded panelling and enriched neo-classical fireplace. First
floor south-east (in rear wing) room: C17 plaster frieze of winged cherubs
alternating with cartouche; ogee moulded doorway. In an outbuilding
immediately to the south of the house is a 4-centre headed and ovolo moulded
door surround with the date 1628 carved on the spandrels - probably removed
from the house.


Listing NGR: ST6934665155

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.