This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1265 / 53°7'35"N
Longitude: -2.87 / 2°52'12"W
OS Eastings: 341880
OS Northings: 359172
OS Grid: SJ418591
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.75C6
Mapcode Global: WH88M.WNHZ
Entry Name: Clements Cottages
Listing Date: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1313004
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55215
Location: Aldford, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Aldford and Saighton
Built-Up Area: Aldford
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Aldford St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 45 NW
Terrace of 4 cottages, circa 1875, by John Douglas for the 1st Duke of
Westminster. Brown brick lower storey; white rendered upper storey
with bands of pargetting below bedroom windows and at heads of gables.
Red tile roofs hipped with 3 dormer-gables to front. Two shaped
chimneys. Of l½ and 1 storey; each cottage is of 1 window. In the
lower storey window-openings are camber-headed; in the upper storey
they have moulded timber surrounds standing proud of the wall surface
on shaped brackets. Arched oak porch under catslide roof, left;
paired porches, with chevron panels, under a pentice roof right of
centre. A single-storey wing, far right, contains the fourth cottage,
with a timber-framed end gable.
Early examples of Free Style dwellings in Cheshire, the cottages were
designed in conjunction with Nos.l to 4 Rushmere Lane and the most
southern pair of cottages on the east side of School Lane (q.q.v.).
Interiors not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ 41880 59172
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings