This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4736 / 51°28'24"N
Longitude: -0.8193 / 0°49'9"W
OS Eastings: 482099
OS Northings: 175618
OS Grid: SU820756
Mapcode National: GBR D6Z.HPS
Mapcode Global: VHDWW.R776
Entry Name: The Plough Public House
Listing Date: 25 March 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1313038
English Heritage Legacy ID: 41005
Location: Waltham St. Lawrence, Windsor and Maidenhead, RG10
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Civil Parish: Waltham St. Lawrence
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Waltham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WALTHAM ST LAWRENCE WEST END
SU 87 NW
8/11 The Plough Public House
Cottage, now public house. Late C15, altered and extended late C19. Timber
frame, painted brick infill; part brick. Old tile gabled roofs. L-plan of 3x2
framed bays, with extensions on north and west. 2 storeys. 2 large chimneys,
that on the extension has tall clay pots. C19 casement windows, C19 sash
windows to extension. Entrance (east) front: irregular, scattered windows.
Gable projecting on right with small gabled projection on ground floor left
side. 2-light window first floor, small 2-light window ground floor. Left hand
part; one small 2-light window on first floor, one fixed window with small panes
and shutters in left of ground floor, half-glazed entrance door on right, near
internal angle. Interior: some timber frame exposed on first floor.
Listing NGR: SU8209975618
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings