This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8697 / 53°52'10"N
Longitude: -1.9409 / 1°56'27"W
OS Eastings: 403982
OS Northings: 441497
OS Grid: SE039414
Mapcode National: GBR GRWP.LK
Mapcode Global: WHB7P.5Z0T
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 23 February 1955
Last Amended: 10 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1313936
English Heritage Legacy ID: 338336
Location: Keighley, Bradford, BD22
Civil Parish: Keighley
Built-Up Area: Keighley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Keighley
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
Nos 15, 17 and 19 (Manor House)
(Formerly listed under OLD MAIN STREET (south side))
House, now 3 dwellings. Dated 1648. For John Hird. Coursed stone, stone slate
roof. 2 storeys, 4 lst-floor windows. Chamfered doorway with shaped dated lintel.
Double-chamfered mullion windows, to ground floor of 4, 6, 4, 2 and 2 lights, some
mullions removed, one now with door, all under hoodmoulds with carved terminals.
To 1st floor 2 lights, and 2 flat-faced mullion windows. End stack to right,
ridge stack, and lateral stack to left gable. Rear: remains of some double-
chamfered mullion windows. Left return: double-chamfered mullion windows of 2
and 3 lights, all with hoodmoulds. This was the birth place of T P Carrodus, a
famous Victorian violinist.
Listing NGR: SE0398241497
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings