This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7791 / 53°46'44"N
Longitude: -1.7838 / 1°47'1"W
OS Eastings: 414341
OS Northings: 431436
OS Grid: SE143314
Mapcode National: GBR JBQ.JW
Mapcode Global: WHC9G.K8RR
Entry Name: Premises Occupied by Hire Power Limited
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314123
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337117
Location: Bradford, BD7
Electoral Ward/Division: Great Horton
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Great Horton St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 SOUTHFIELD LANE
Great Horton BD7
Premises occupied by
Hire Power Ltd
SE 1431 SW 52/1041
Dated 1806, formerly the Old Bell Chapel. Large but plain 2-storey rectangular
"barn", 5 bays long. Sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Plinth and plat
band. Stone slate roof with saddlestones. Band across gable ends tiling
with bracketed eaves cornice and resulting in simple pediment. Large Venetian
window, with radial glazing to head of centre light, in south-east gable end.
Widely spaced ashlar framed windows to sides. North-west gable end has
3 windows and cornice hood on consoles over former main entrance. Late plaque
to the effect that the chapel was erected by public subscription as a chapel
of ease. In the gable is a very large circular ashlar panel inscribed with the
church wardens names at the foot and apparently intended for a clock. The
panel is dated 1808.
Listing NGR: SE1434131436
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings