This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7668 / 53°46'0"N
Longitude: -1.8491 / 1°50'56"W
OS Eastings: 410046
OS Northings: 430064
OS Grid: SE100300
Mapcode National: GBR HSJW.GF
Mapcode Global: WHC9F.KLQ4
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314183
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337419
Location: Bradford, BD13
Electoral Ward/Division: Queensbury
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Queensbury Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE13SW QUEENSBURY WEST END
5/45 Church of the
Church. 1843 by James Mallinson, east end restorations by T. H.
and F. Healey 1885. North-west tower rebuilt 1906 and moved from
west to north-west position. Ashlar. Stone slate roofs. Early
English style. 6-bay aisled nave, north-west tower, 3-bay chancel
with 2-bay north chapel and 2-bay organ chamber to south. The aisles
are buttressed and have tall parapets with roll-top copings. Lancet
windows with hoodmoulds. 3-stage square tower has angle buttresses
rising to octagonal pinnacles. Very elaborate gabled doorway on north
side with 3 orders of colonnettes and mouldings. 3-light bell-chamber
openings with blind centre light. Clock face above to each side. Two
2-light west windows with plate tracery and octofoil in apex. 3-light
east window with enriched clustered colonnettes, surmounted by well-
carved angels, a beast and a bird.
Interior: Arcaded nave on tall slender octagonal piers. 2-bay tower
arcade with well carved life-sized angel in octofoiled opening over.
2-bay arcade to north and south of chancel. Arched braced trusses to
nave, king-post trusses to aisles. Elaborate and well-carved fittings.
East window in memory of John Foster (d.1879), and his wife Ruth (d.1882).
F. Barrett, A History of Queensbury, 1963.
Listing NGR: SE1004630064
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings