History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

West Bradford Golf Club House

A Grade II Listed Building in Heaton, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8127 / 53°48'45"N

Longitude: -1.8172 / 1°49'1"W

OS Eastings: 412133

OS Northings: 435173

OS Grid: SE121351

Mapcode National: GBR J3B.FT

Mapcode Global: WHC98.1FYG

Entry Name: West Bradford Golf Club House

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1314356

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336260

Location: Bradford, BD9

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: Heaton

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Heaton St Martin

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Saltaire

Listing Text

1.
5111 CHELLOW GRANGE ROAD

West Bradford Golf Club House
SE 1235 21/627A

II


2.
A former small manor or substantial farmhouse of late C17 or early C18 origin, the
main house rebuilt on large scale in the mid C18 and with subsequent extensions and
alterations to fenestration circa 1840, when the property appears to have been
sub-divided. Two-storeys coursed gritstone and thin sandstone "bricks" for later
additions. Stone slate roofs. The earliest surviving part off centre to the east
has large gritstone ground and a weathered string over the ground floor with a
blocked chamfered reveal basket handle arched doorway. The mid C18 house of 3 bays
has more evenly layed flush quoins and saddlestones with kneelers to gable ends.
The eastern bay is a rebuild or addition at the time of refenestration with 2 light
square mullion tall windows ie circa 1840-50. However above the apparently original
enclosed part with ball finialed parapet, is an oval window in a plain ashlar
squared surround. The old section retains an early C19 3 light square mullion
window. To the rear, with outshuts, some earlier windows remain including a
2 light chamfered mullion one and single block cut circular window in the earlier
part. Four light mullioned windows (C18) to outshut and rear of main house. An
interesting vernacular complex. Late C19/early C20 clubroom in sandstone brick
added to west.


Listing NGR: SE1213335173

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.