This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7916 / 53°47'29"N
Longitude: -1.7744 / 1°46'27"W
OS Eastings: 414958
OS Northings: 432829
OS Grid: SE149328
Mapcode National: GBR JDL.KD
Mapcode Global: WHC98.QY7P
Entry Name: Main Block and Wing to Harold Laycock Mills Fronting Summerville Road
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314479
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336721
Location: Bradford, BD7
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford St Wilfrid with St Columba
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 LEGRAMS LANE BD7
Main block and wing to Harold
Laycock Mills fronting
SE 1432 44/719
SE 1532 45/719
1873. Built as Legrams Mill for George Hodgson, a loom manufacturer. Architects
Lockwood and Mawson. Imposing 4½ storey spinning mill with 26 bay elevation to
Legrams Lane. Italianate detail relating to the partnership's work at Saltaire.
Sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Stone slate roof. Full bands to each
floor and bracketed prominent eaves cornice. Arcaded archivolt arched ground floor
windows. The long front is flanked by projecting staircase towers with paired round
arched lights to each floor, belvedere stage rising above eaves cornice level
surmounted by pyramid, deep eaved, roofs. Similar fenestration to return elevation
facing Summerville Road. Campanile chimney disastrously truncated.
Listing NGR: SE1495832829
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings