This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7972 / 53°47'49"N
Longitude: -1.7555 / 1°45'19"W
OS Eastings: 416199
OS Northings: 433460
OS Grid: SE161334
Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.KC
Mapcode Global: WHC99.0T9C
Entry Name: 29, Manor Row Bd1
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314482
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336843
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 MANOR ROW BD1
SE 1633 SW 36/820
Part of County Court and built forward to road line. Dated 1899 this was the
former Customs and Excise and Stamp Office. A highly finished small scale Mannerist
design combining Renaissance and Flemish details in finely masoned sandstone ashlar.
Two storeys and attic, 5 bay front, the flanking bays broader, with quoin pilasters
and gables crowned by segmental pedimented aedicules. Plinth, horizontal rustication
to ground floor with cornice over, sill course and dentilled eaves cornice. Parapet
with 3 tall segmental pedimented dormers. Dies surmounted by urns flanking base of
gables. The first floor windows of wings are given a blind Venetian surround, those
on ground floor are fully tripartite with pediments over centre lights. The
3 central first floor windows are framed by panelled pilasters with dentilled cornices
over. The central entrance is flanked by mullioned-transomed windows in architrave
surrounds. The round headed doorway has a richly carved surround with similar
carving to spandrels; flanking fluted, Doric columns on pedestals support segmental
pediment with Royal Arms.
Listing NGR: SE1619933460
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings