History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Numbers 2 and 4 and Coach House Adjoining to Left

A Grade II Listed Building in Trident, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7885 / 53°47'18"N

Longitude: -1.7599 / 1°45'35"W

OS Eastings: 415914

OS Northings: 432492

OS Grid: SE159324

Mapcode National: GBR JHM.NH

Mapcode Global: WHC9G.Y13H

Entry Name: Numbers 2 and 4 and Coach House Adjoining to Left

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1314507

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336885

Location: Trident, Bradford, BD5

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Trident

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Horton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bradford

Listing Text

1.
5111 MELBOURNE-PLACE BD5
(north side)
Nos 2 and 4 and coach house
adjoining to left
SE 1532 45/851

II GV


2.
Circa 1840 built as a pair of villas, No 4 retaining a coach house wing. Two storeys,
dressed sandstone "brick". Three bay fronts with plinth, shallow frieze and stone
gutter - eaves cornice. Stone slate roofs with corniced chimneys. The central
first floor window of each front has an architrave surround. Tuscan pilastered
doorways with deep entablatures. No 4 has slightly later addition of 2 storey
rectangular bay windows to left hand and canted bays to right, both with pilastered
sash lights, eaves cornice carried over with blocking course. To the left of No 4 there
is a recessed one bay link with the 2 storey coach house. On the first floor there
are 2 windows and a glazed door with archivolt arch, giving on to a shallow balcony
with simple geometric iron rail. The renewed coach house doors come from the
demolished Chapel Lane Chapel on the site of the present Law Courts.


Listing NGR: SE1591432492

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.