This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5673 / 53°34'2"N
Longitude: -1.5708 / 1°34'14"W
OS Eastings: 428522
OS Northings: 407937
OS Grid: SE285079
Mapcode National: GBR KWG5.QY
Mapcode Global: WHCBJ.VL5M
Entry Name: Parish Rooms on South Side of Church Yard
Listing Date: 28 May 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314728
English Heritage Legacy ID: 334164
Location: Cawthorne, Barnsley, S75
Civil Parish: Cawthorne
Built-Up Area: Cawthorne
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cawthorne All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 2807 CAWTHORNE CHURCH STREET
(West side, off)
10/38 Parish Rooms on south
28.5.70 side of church yard.
Parish rooms, former grammar school. Dated 1639, restored and altered C19.
Coursed rubble, stone slate roof. Single storey, single cell. Entrance,
with chamfered surround, to right with dated lintel. Two mid or late C19
windows to left with rock-faced surround and C20 casements. Tall ornamental
ashlar stack to left has gabled cap with lucarnes. Rear: two transomed
chamfered windows of three over three lights, the lower lights being taller.
Right return: One 4-light double-chamfered window with hoodmould, (restored
mullions and sill and possibly raised). Small double-chamfered light in
gable apex (restored). C20 addition to left not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SE2852207937
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings