This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5535 / 53°33'12"N
Longitude: -1.4857 / 1°29'8"W
OS Eastings: 434167
OS Northings: 406440
OS Grid: SE341064
Mapcode National: GBR LW2B.4X
Mapcode Global: WHDCQ.4YS6
Entry Name: Barnsley Boys Club
Listing Date: 13 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315041
English Heritage Legacy ID: 333766
Location: Barnsley, S70
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Barnsley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Barnsley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE3406SW BARNSLEY WESTAGATE
9/77 Barnsley Boys' Club
Non-conformist chapel, now boys' club. Circa 1780, wings added 1810 with mid
C19 addition, altered. Dressed stone. Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys. Entrance
at rear. 3-bay symmetrical bow front. Round-arched windows with fixed casements
moulded imposts and grooved voussoirs except ground-floor centre which has
moulded arch. Band between floors. Single bay wing to left and right slightly
set back, each with paired round-arched doorways (each with one blocked), and
a single round-arched light to 1st floor. Moulded eaves cornice and blocking
course. The rear (Westgate) elevation has a central doorway under C20 canopy.
Mid C19 2-storey addition to left elevation with blocked ground-floor windows
and 12 pane sashes to 1st floor.
Interior: totally altered.
Listing NGR: SE3416706440
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings