This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1166 / 54°6'59"N
Longitude: -1.5596 / 1°33'34"W
OS Eastings: 428882
OS Northings: 469059
OS Grid: SE288690
Mapcode National: GBR KNKV.42
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.0SLJ
Entry Name: Rustic Bridge over River Skell Approximately 700 Metres South-East of the Outlet from the Lake, with Ford Approximately 4 Metres to South
Listing Date: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315270
English Heritage Legacy ID: 331068
Location: Lindrick with Studley Royal and Fountains, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Lindrick with Studley Royal an
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 2869 LINDRICK WITH STUDLEY STUDLEY PARK
ROYAL AND FOUNTAINS
9/64 Rustic Bridge over River
Skell approximately 700
metres south-east of the
outlet from the Lake,
with ford approximately 4
metres to south
Ford and bridge. Ford c1740 for John Aislabie, bridge probably before 1781
for William Aislabie. Ford: gritstone setts flanked by curbstones.
Approximately 3 metres wide. For further details see ford 150 metrs south-
east of Lake outlet. Bridge: gritstone rubble and boulders, with tufa
blocks. Single-span shallow segmental arch with dressed rubble voussoirs.
Rubble crest to parapet, large boulders to terminals. The stones are
mortared but carefully built up to give the appearance of dry walling. The
bridge carries a narrow bridle or pedestrian pathway and replaced one of
c1740 built in a Chinese Chippendale style (W T C Walker, personal
communication). The route led to the pagoda in the Chinese Wood further
Listing NGR: SE2888269059
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings