History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Cuthbert

A Grade II Listed Building in High and Low Bishopside, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0878 / 54°5'16"N

Longitude: -1.7583 / 1°45'29"W

OS Eastings: 415905

OS Northings: 465793

OS Grid: SE159657

Mapcode National: GBR JP55.3D

Mapcode Global: WHC7X.YJW2

Entry Name: Church of St Cuthbert

Listing Date: 6 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1315300

English Heritage Legacy ID: 331342

Location: High and Low Bishopside, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate

Civil Parish: High and Low Bishopside

Built-Up Area: Pateley Bridge

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Find accommodation in
Pateley Bridge

Listing Text

HIGH AND LOW BISHOPSIDE NEW CHURCH STREET
SE 1465-1565
(east side)
Pateley Bridge
16/62 Church of St Cuthbert
6.3.67

- II

Church. 1827 by Woodhead and Hurst. Ashlar with slate roof. West tower
with north and south porches, 4-bay nave and chancel. Tower: 3 stages,
offset angle buttresses up to bell stage, plinth, triple chamfered bands
between stages. Board west door with overlight in pointed arched, chamfered
surround with hoodmould. Above, clockface in diamond shaped tablet. Y-
tracery pointed window to north and south. Belfry windows, 3 lights with
intersecting tracery in pointed chamfered surrounds. Moulded cornice,
embattled parapets with pinnacles to each corner. North and south porches
have Y-traceried pointed window to west and board doors in chamfered pointed
arched surrounds facing south and north. Stone eaves band, moulded coping
to flush parapets, pinnacles at corners. Nave and chancel: plinth, offset
angle buttresses to ends and between windows. All windows are 3-light in
chamfered pointed arched surrounds with intersecting tracery. That to east
end similar of 4 lights. Moulded gable copings. Interior: east window
signed "F Comere & J Capronnier, Glass Painters, Drawers and Inventors,
Brussels 1893 Belgium".


Listing NGR: SE1590565793

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.