This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0315 / 54°1'53"N
Longitude: -1.5031 / 1°30'11"W
OS Eastings: 432646
OS Northings: 459610
OS Grid: SE326596
Mapcode National: GBR KPYT.DL
Mapcode Global: WHC87.WXFS
Entry Name: Walls to Quaker Burial Ground with Remains of Building in South West Corner
Listing Date: 29 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315410
English Heritage Legacy ID: 331813
Location: Scotton, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG5
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Scotton
Built-Up Area: Scotton (Harrogate)
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Scotton
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 35 NW SCOTTON MAIN STREET
(west side, off)
5/56 Walls to Quaker Burial
Ground with remains of
building in south-west
Walls of burial ground and ruined building. C17 with later repair and
restoration. Gritstone rubble. The wall approximately 1.5 metres high and
enclosing an area approximately 35 metres square. The south wall is well
coursed, with some rebuilding at the west end where a blocked entrance,into
a building in the south-west corner, probably a stable, is marked by quoins.
In 1670 William and Edward Watkinson conveyed land to the Friends' Trustees
for a burial ground in Matthew Garth. Members of the Watkinson family are
buried there (qv). Included for group value. A T Waterer, 'Records of the
Parish of Farnham Etc', c1928, Typescript, Harrogate Public Library.
Listing NGR: SE3264559612
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings