This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.3313 / 54°19'52"N
Longitude: -1.5111 / 1°30'39"W
OS Eastings: 431890
OS Northings: 492972
OS Grid: SE318929
Mapcode National: GBR KLWC.N3
Mapcode Global: WHC6W.RDMC
Entry Name: Chapel of Saint Mary Magdalen
Listing Date: 29 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315439
English Heritage Legacy ID: 332076
Location: Thrintoft, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, DL7
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Thrintoft
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 07/12/2012
SE 39 SW
Chapel of Saint Mary
Chapel of St Mary Magdalen now a barn. C13-C16. Rubblestone with ashlar dressings.
Corrugated asbestos roof. Rectangular plan. Offset diagonal buttress.
Modern stable door with, to left, remnants of pointed-arch doorway with
imposts in wall. To right, high up, 2 flat-headed chamfered cross-window
openings with brick infill. Rear: a 4-centred arched doorway and to right
remnants of a pointed-arch doorway. Right return (east elevation): pointed-
arch window. Interior: C15 Piscina at east end of south wall; remains of
tracery in head of east window; later roof trusses. Chapel endowed 1253 as
a chantry chapel connected to Jervaulx Abbey. One of only 3 monastic grange
buildings surviving in North Yorkshire.
Listing NGR: SE3189092972
Other nearby listed buildings