This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9371 / 53°56'13"N
Longitude: -1.4346 / 1°26'4"W
OS Eastings: 437216
OS Northings: 449150
OS Grid: SE372491
Mapcode National: GBR LQFX.6D
Mapcode Global: WHD9Z.Y91K
Entry Name: The Chapel, Stockeld Park
Listing Date: 30 March 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315561
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330551
Location: Spofforth with Stockeld, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, LS22
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Spofforth with Stockeld
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Spofforth with Kirk Deighton
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 34 NE SPOFFORTH WITH STOCKELD HARROGATE ROAD
(west side, off)
7/82 The Chapel, Stockeld Park
Chapel. 1895, enlarged 1909. By Detmar Blow for Robert Foster. Ashlar,
Westmorland slate roof. Single storey, 1 x 5 bays long with transepts.
West gable front: central entrance has 6-panelled double doors with
overlight. Moulded architrave and cornice carried on consoles. Keyed
oculus above. Plinth of chamfered rustication carries flanking engaged
Ionic columns and pilasters which support a plain frieze with the date
MDCCCXCV. Corniced pediment with relief of Pascal Lamb. Small clock turret
has clasping pilasters, open segmental pediments and dome with finial.
Interior: glass by Victor Milner; the altar canopy may have come from the
original chapel designed by James Paine as part of the house (qv).
Listing NGR: SE3721649150
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings