This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1069 / 54°6'24"N
Longitude: -0.8491 / 0°50'56"W
OS Eastings: 475348
OS Northings: 468498
OS Grid: SE753684
Mapcode National: GBR QNHY.ZK
Mapcode Global: WHFBM.X1VF
Entry Name: Church of St Margaret
Listing Date: 25 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315811
English Heritage Legacy ID: 329689
Location: Huttons Ambo, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO60
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Huttons Ambo
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Huttons Ambo St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: York
SE 76 NE HUTTONS AMBO HUTTON HALL PRIVATE ROAD
(north side, off)
6/7 Church of St Margaret
Church. 1856. By Gould, restored 1956 by Sir Albert Richardson. Dressed
limestone with limestone ashlar dressings and slate roof. Early English
style. 3-bay nave and north aisle with west bellcote; south porch; chancel
with organ chamber and north vestry. Buttressed west end has 2 lights with
quatrefoiled roundel above. Single light to end of nave. Gabled bellcote
with 2 lights and quatrefoil above. Gabled and buttressed porch with
pointed opening beneath head-stopped hood-mould contains studded door with
decorative hinges. Two windows of paired lights to east. North aisle has
paired lights to centre and to east, and single light to west. Pointed
priest's door with decorative hinges to buttressed chancel with single light
on each side. East window of 3 stepped lights beneath continuous hood-mould
on corbel stops. Continuous sill band to all parts of church. All windows
are in chamfered quoined surrounds and have foiled leaded lights. Gables
are coped with crockets to the porch and to nave. Gable cross to chancel.
Interior: double chamfered arcade of 3 pointed arches on low cylindrical
piers with plain capitals. Window arches are round-headed with deep splays.
Original organ with decorated painted pipes. C18 wooden triptych, painted
with scriptural subjects, forms the reredos to the north aisle chapel.
Monuments: four C17 tablets to members of the Gower family.
Listing NGR: SE7534868498
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings