This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.4359 / 54°26'9"N
Longitude: -0.7604 / 0°45'37"W
OS Eastings: 480501
OS Northings: 505207
OS Grid: NZ805052
Mapcode National: GBR RK44.5M
Mapcode Global: WHF8Y.9R4Q
Entry Name: Outbuildings Approximately Five Metres North of Egton Manor House
Listing Date: 7 July 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1316138
English Heritage Legacy ID: 327477
Location: Egton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO21
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Egton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Egton St Hilda
Church of England Diocese: York
EGTON EGTON BRIDGE
16/7 Outbuildings approxi-
mately five metres north
of Egton Manor House
Stables, gunrooms and carriage houses with lofts over; lofts now estate
offices. Stable range dated 1893; extensions dated 1910 and 1913. For
Foster family. Stables hammered sandstone; extensions herringbone-tooled
sandstone with tooled dressings. Slate roofs. 1-storey and attic, 5-bay
stable range; 1-storey, 5-bay range of outbuildings projecting at right
angles; 1-storey and attic, 5½-bay extension beyond projecting range.
Stables. Central 4-panel double doors in chamfered opening with shaped
lintel. 4-panel doors in similar openings at each end: 9-pane pivoting
windows flank central door. Gabled dormer in centre contains paired
4-pane sash windows with shaped sills on corbels, and cornice hood.
Louvred owlhole above. Cornice datestone over central door reads 18 F 93.
Octagonal ridge ventilators left and right of central gable. Left return:
round-arched chamfered doorway to right of 9-pane pivoting window.
Tripartite window, with cornice hood, in gable end beneath chamfered
owlhole. Projecting range. Left end has 4-panel door with 9-pane window
to right. Right end has 6-panel door between 4-pane sashes; door lintel
Right end gable wall: octagonal window with crossed glazing bars. Coped
gable with ball and pedestal finials. Extension range. Gabled bay at
left end has wide half-glazed, 4-panel door in chamfered opening flanked
by narrow 8-pane sashes. Tripartite window above with round-headed,
radial-glazed centre window flanked by 8-pane sashes. Cornice date panel
over door with carved trophy and the date 1910. Board door beneath plain
lintel in half-bay to right. Remaining 4 bays contain board double doors
with long lintels, recessed beneath blind round arches on imposts. Two
centre bays cross-gabled with round-headed radial-glazed window beneath
owlhole in moulded surround. Dated rainwater goods. Ridge stack to right
of gabled end bay. All gables coped, with ball and pedestal finials.
Rear: three small-paned pivoting windows on ground floor. Three attic
gables contain tripartite windows similar to that on front. Dated
rainwater goods. Right return: external staircase leads to glazed
entrance to estate offices.
Listing NGR: NZ8050105207
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings