This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.4308 / 54°25'50"N
Longitude: -0.5333 / 0°31'59"W
OS Eastings: 495245
OS Northings: 504920
OS Grid: NZ952049
Mapcode National: GBR SKQ6.BG
Mapcode Global: WHGB5.SW8N
Entry Name: United Reformed Church
Listing Date: 6 October 1969
Last Amended: 4 January 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1316200
English Heritage Legacy ID: 327726
Location: Fylingdales, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO22
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Fylingdales
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Fylingdales St Stephen
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ 9504 FYLINGDALES FISHER HEAD, Robin Hood's
Bay (north side)
6.10.69. United reformed Church
(formerly listed as congregational
GV II Church)
Congregational Chapel. 1840, dated on inset oval plaque above porch.
Finely-tooled herringboned and margined coursed sandstone on front, coarser
herringbone tooling on sides and back. Welsh slate roof with stone copings and
block kneelers. Gable end to street 2 storeys, 3 wide bays on entrance front 3
steps up to 2-centred arched double door in central gabled porch; small slits in
porch returns; trefoil finial over stone gable coping. Flanking pointed-arched
windows under hoodmoulds; 3 stepped similar windows above; all with C20 frosted
glass. Right return blank; left blank but for one small inserted window. Rear
elevation shows 2 tall central pointed-arched windows flanked by upper and lower
similar windows, all with coloured glass, possibly original. Pointed-arched
lowered vent high in gable.
Listing NGR: NZ9524504920
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings