History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Blindbeck Farmhouse and Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Horton in Ribblesdale, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1525 / 54°9'8"N

Longitude: -2.3035 / 2°18'12"W

OS Eastings: 380273

OS Northings: 473003

OS Grid: SD802730

Mapcode National: GBR DNCF.26

Mapcode Global: WH950.LW9J

Entry Name: Blindbeck Farmhouse and Cottage

Listing Date: 23 November 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1316779

English Heritage Legacy ID: 324535

Location: Horton in Ribblesdale, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD24

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

Civil Parish: Horton in Ribblesdale

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Horton-in-Ribblesdale St Oswald

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Horton in Ribblesdale

Listing Text

HORTON IN RIBBLESDALE
SD 87 SW
12/3 and 15/3 Blindbeck Farmhouse
and Cottage
20.2.58
- II

Farmhouse and cottage. Late C17 with C18 and C20 alterations. Slobbered coursed
rubble, stone dressings, stone slate roof. Lobby entry plan. 2 storeys, 4 bays.
Left of centre gabled porch is early C18, chamfered surround, Tudor arched head;
small chamfered window in gable. To left: ground floor 2-light double chamfered
mullioned window, and 3 light double chamfered mullioned window with hoodmould;
upper floor, 3 light chamfered mullioned window. To right: ground floor 3 light
double chamfered mullioned window, now with flat faced mullions, and remains
of further blocked light; upper floor 3 light double chamfered mullioned window.
Right-hand bay is now the cottage: c1970 entrance porch with lean-to roof abutting
former 3-light chamfered mullioned window, now 2 lights with only one mullion
remaining. Casements and fixed lights. Upper floor 3 light double chamfered
mullioned window. Right-hand gable end, left-hand, and massive left of centre
ridge stacks. At rear is C18 wing. Interior: front left-hand room contains
late-C17 fireplace, chamfered surround with 2-piece Tudor arched mantle. Front
right-hand room contains early C18 fireplace with cupboard inscribed SW 1659.
Upper floor re-set oak cupboard inscribed TH (Thomas Howson) 1697.


Listing NGR: SD8027373003

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.