This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0351 / 54°2'6"N
Longitude: -2.3 / 2°17'59"W
OS Eastings: 380448
OS Northings: 459941
OS Grid: SD804599
Mapcode National: GBR DPCS.V8
Mapcode Global: WH95L.MVZ0
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 20 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317050
English Heritage Legacy ID: 323888
Location: Rathmell, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD24
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Rathmell
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Rathmell Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
RATHMELL MAIN STREET
SD 85 NW
Church of Holy Trinity
Parish church, c1840 with chancel and vestry of 1883 by F Healey of Bradford,
and C20 alterations. Slobbered rubble, millstone grit dressings, Westmorland
slate roof. South porch, 3 stage west tower, 3 bay nave, south vestry, 2 bay
chancel. Lancet style. Porch of 1897: segmental pointed arch to entrance,
engaged pillars; 2 leaf plank doors and strap hinges, trefoil in gable; cruciform
finial. West tower: blocked west entrance has. chamfered surround to segmental
pointed arch, hoodmould and pendant stops, string course to second stage, 2
light window with Y tracery and hoodmould with head stops. String course to
bell stage, lancet window partly obscured by clockface, hoodmould. Embattled
parapet and finials. Nave has 3 lancet windows with hoodmoulds, corbel table.
South vestry extended 1912: west entrance. 2-light window on gabled south side.
Chancel: 3 light east window with segmental pointed hoodmould. 2-light window
on north side. Corbel table. Cruciform finials to east and west ends. Interior:
scissor braced roof trusses to nave. Segmental pointed chancel arch; piscina
and 2 sedilia with trefoil cusped arches. Oak reredos 1908 designed by F Healey.
Some C19 windows by Capronnier of Brussels.
Source: W A Shuffrey, The Churches of the Deanery of North Craven (Leeds, 1914),
Listing NGR: SD8044859941
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings