History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

St Trinian's Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Easby, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.4002 / 54°24'0"N

Longitude: -1.7051 / 1°42'18"W

OS Eastings: 419245

OS Northings: 500562

OS Grid: NZ192005

Mapcode National: GBR JKJK.NF

Mapcode Global: WHC6D.SN8M

Entry Name: St Trinian's Hall

Listing Date: 4 February 1969

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1317097

English Heritage Legacy ID: 322100

Location: Easby, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL10

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

Civil Parish: Easby

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Easby with Brompton on Swale and Bolton on Swale

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Easby

Listing Text

EASBY B 6271
NZ 10 SE (north side)

4/34 St Trinian's Hall
4.2.69
GV II

House. Early - mid C18, later C18 and c1906. 1906 work for Leonard Jaques
of Easby. Ashlar sandstone, red plain tile roof. Original house L-shaped
of 2 storeys, 5 bays with wing to rear right, flanked by single-storey 3-bay
wings, with added 2-storey range at right angles to rear right. Main house:
early - mid C18. South (garden) front: plinth. Chamfered rusticated
quoins. Central pedimented Doric portico with three-quarter columns, and
early - mid C18 part-glazed door with 2 lower fielded panels. Flanking,
canted bay windows with sashes with thick glazing bars, three-quarter
columns at the angles, and stone roofs. First floor: sash windows with thick
glazing bars in architraves, the central one eared and shouldered.
Classical cornice. Parapet with pedestals supporting ball finials at ends
and intervals. Stone copings. Corniced stacks at ends and between bays 3
and 4. Wings: later C18. Plinth. Chamfered rusticated quoins at outer
ends. First bay in left wing now a door, otherwise sash windows with
glazing bars. End copings, with ball finials at kneelers. Corniced end
stacks. Rear range, east elevation (right return); early - mid C18. Rubble
with ashlar dressings. Ashlar achitraves to sash windows with thin glazing
bars. Corniced central ridge stack. Projecting east from rear range: range
of c1906, with 3-light sash window on ground floor and sash windows with
glazing bars on first floor. West (left return) side of rear range: C18
range extended by addition of outshut dated 1906, and present entrance
formed in angle with main block. Interior: in ground-floor room to left,
dado with Greek key motif, fluted Tuscan pilasters flanking bay window,
dentil cornice and, over doors (one now blocked), panels with carved wood
floral festoons of high quality. In central hall, early-C18 stone fireplace
with cast-iron grate and added frieze and mantelshelf. In ground-floor room
to right, Roman Ionic columns flanking bay window, modillion and rosette
cornice and cast-iron grate in Adam-style fireplace. In rear wing,
staircase with turned balusters. A print of the house shows the wings
having been added by c1785.


Listing NGR: NZ1924500562

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.