This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4415 / 53°26'29"N
Longitude: -0.8159 / 0°48'57"W
OS Eastings: 478747
OS Northings: 394512
OS Grid: SK787945
Mapcode National: GBR QXRN.41
Mapcode Global: WHFFR.FRPJ
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 23 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317217
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196826
Location: East Stockwith, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN21
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: East Stockwith
Built-Up Area: West Stockwith
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: East Stockwith St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 79 SE EAST STOCKWITH CHURCH LANE
7/16 Church of
Parish Church. 1846 by T. Johnson with addition of 1898.
Rockface limestone ashlar with slate roofs. Nave, chancel, north
porch, vestry, turret on south east end of nave. The whole
church has been built in the Early English style. The west end
has a plinth, sill band, 2 buttresses and a single 2 light window
with quatrefoil under a 2 centred arch with hood mould. The
gabled north porch has a 2 centred arched doorway and lancet side
lights. In the north side of the nave are 4 lancets the
easternmost pair being closely spaced and linked by a hood mould.
The added vestry has decorative ridge tiles and a moulded gable
stack. The square headed west door with chamfered reveal and
the 5 light north window with chamfered mullion and continuous
cornice are in the C17 style. Above the cornice is an off centre
panel with a cusped head, inscribed with date of 1898 in Roman
numerals. The east chancel wall has triple stepped lancets with
common hood mould and sill course. The south chancel wall has a
2 light lancet window under a hood mould. The square south east
tower of 2 stages has a broached top surmounted by an ashlar
octagonal belfry with short ashlar steeple. In the east wall is
a planked door in a plain surround and the base of the tower is
lit by lancets with a single slot to each side of the top stage.
The belfry has 8 lancets, one to each face, with gablettes over.
The south nave wall has 6 lancets the end pairs being closely
set. The interior has pews, screen, brass lectern and font all
dating from C19 and stained glass in the east window by W. Wailes
Listing NGR: SK7874794512
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings