This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1941 / 53°11'38"N
Longitude: -0.4825 / 0°28'56"W
OS Eastings: 501479
OS Northings: 367413
OS Grid: TF014674
Mapcode National: GBR FN5.QV6
Mapcode Global: WHGJ6.KZG6
Entry Name: Branston Hall and Outbuildings
Listing Date: 23 October 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317238
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192299
Location: Branston and Mere, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Branston and Mere
Built-Up Area: Branston
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Branston All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 01 67 BRANSTON & MERE LINCOLN ROAD
7/13 (south side)
Branston Hall and
Country House. 1885 designed by J McVicar for Lord Vere Bertie, in Elizabethan
Revival style. Rock faced stone with ashlar dressings. Green slate ridge roofs, with
tall octagonal stacks in various groups. Ashlar plinth, first floor band topped with
cornice and coped parapet and Dutch coped gables with finials. Two-and-half-storey.
Garden front has central 3-light cross windows, with 2 single light windows
eitherside, flanked by square bay windows each 5-light cross casements. Above 5-light
central oriel, flanked by 2 single light windows and again flanked with square bays.
Above 3, 3-light windows in gables, the central gable has plaque inscribed "1885".
East front obscured by C20 additions. Entrance front has grand porte corchere of 4
columns, 4 square columns and 4 pilasters all Tuscan Doric with strapwork decoration,
topped with ornate entablature and pierced balustrade. Plus 3-storey stair turret
rising from square to octagonal and topped by octagonal leaded cap. Two-storey
service wing to east, with single storey outbuildings around a courtyard beyond.
Various single storey C20 additions to east and south-west. Interiors have
contemporary staircase and fireplaces with some panelled rooms.
Listing NGR: TF0147967413
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings