This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8298 / 53°49'47"N
Longitude: -2.7729 / 2°46'22"W
OS Eastings: 349225
OS Northings: 437331
OS Grid: SD492373
Mapcode National: GBR 9S24.GW
Mapcode Global: WH856.CZSX
Entry Name: Adamsons Farmhouse
Listing Date: 13 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317399
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185973
Location: Woodplumpton, Preston, Lancashire, PR4
Civil Parish: Woodplumpton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Woodplumpton St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 43 NE WOODPLUMPTON CUDDY HILL
Farmhouse, now house. Dated 1620 internally; recently renovated.
Handmade brick, painted white, tiled roof with projecting boarded eaves.
Four-bay plan, with baffle-entry to 2nd bay, former stable (now garage)
in 4th bay. One and a half storeys; board door in line with ridge
chimney to left of junction of 2nd and 3rd bays, a square casement to the
left and a little square window to the 1st bay further left, both
breaking remains of old labels, and a square dormer breaking the eaves of
the 2nd bay; continuation to right, under slightly lower roof, is single
storey, has a square window to the 3rd bay and garage door to the 4th.
Rear: remains of labels to a firewindow in the 2nd bay, and in each of
the main bays, broken by 2 square windows; a door and a horizontal
rectangular window to the 3rd bay. Interior: doorway from housepart in
2nd bay to former buttery in 1st bay has flat wooden lintel, nicked in
the centre and inscribed "WA 1620"; timber-framed partition wall between
1st and 2nd bays, finished as a collar truss with angle struts, the
tie-beam broken by an inserted door, and curved windbraces from the
principals to the upper of 2 pairs of slender purlins; gable wall at this
end (south) has similar windbracing to a timber frame, of which the
collar and one principal are exposed. Reference: R.C. Watson and
M.E. McClintock Traditional Houses of the Fylde (1979) pp.35-6, but NB
cruck erroneously presumed.
Listing NGR: SD4922537331
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings