This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1227 / 52°7'21"N
Longitude: 0.0946 / 0°5'40"E
OS Eastings: 543493
OS Northings: 249217
OS Grid: TL434492
Mapcode National: GBR L87.SWR
Mapcode Global: VHHKG.LXC4
Entry Name: Number 68 and Boundary Wall on North East Side
Listing Date: 29 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317422
English Heritage Legacy ID: 51597
Location: Newton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB22
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Newton
Built-Up Area: Newton
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Newton St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 4349 NEWTON TOWN STREET
(North West Side)
22/193 No.68 and boundary
wall on North East side
House, early C19. Clunch, stuccoed and incised to imitate
ashlar masonry, on possibly earlier red brick plinth. Some late
timber-framing in a rear wall. Hipped, tiled roof and end and
ridge stacks of gault brick. L-plan. Two storeys, attics and
cellars. Range of three hung sashes of twelve panes each.
Flight of steps flanked by original iron balustrade lead up to
doorway with reeded doorcase. Two ground floor windows have
hung sashes of fifteen panes each and original panelled
shutters. The shutters at first floor are late C19. Interior:
Open-string staircase with square section baulsters and moulded
rail. One room has an original white marble fireplace.
Including the dressed clunch boundary wall on the north east
Listing NGR: TL4349349217
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings