This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0909 / 54°5'27"N
Longitude: -2.5578 / 2°33'28"W
OS Eastings: 363611
OS Northings: 466256
OS Grid: SD636662
Mapcode National: GBR BPL4.18
Mapcode Global: WH958.PF6P
Entry Name: Barn North East of Park House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317455
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182665
Location: Wray-with-Botton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA2
Civil Parish: Wray-with-Botton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Wray Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 66 NW WRAY-WITH-BOTTON
2/129 Barn north-east of Park House
Barn, late C18th. Sandstone rubble with tile roof. North-west wall has
wide entrance with segmental arch, now glazed. To the left is a door with
chamfered surround. To the right is a door with plain stone surround.
Further right is a window with plain reveals and concrete lintel, with a
pitching door above. At the right, beyond a straight joint, is an addition
which has a wide entrance 'with segmental arch, now containing a smaller
door and window. Gables have copings with kneelers. The right-hand gable
wall has a re-set doorway with moulded surround and shaped lintel
inscribed: '1683 GBI'. Above is a sandstone sundial plaque whose moulded
surround has flanking pilasters. It is inscribed: 'G? 1777'.
Listing NGR: SD6361166256
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings