History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Greatford Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Greatford, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6938 / 52°41'37"N

Longitude: -0.3955 / 0°23'43"W

OS Eastings: 508535

OS Northings: 311885

OS Grid: TF085118

Mapcode National: GBR GWT.2TT

Mapcode Global: WHGLR.WKV7

Entry Name: Greatford Hall

Listing Date: 6 May 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1317509

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194465

Location: Greatford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Greatford

Built-Up Area: Greatford

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Greatford St Thomas of Canterbury

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Greatford

Listing Text

TF 01 SE GREATFORD CHURCH LANE
(west side)
5/81
6.5.52 Greatford Hall

G.V. II

Small country house. C17, substantially rebuilt in 1930 following
a fire in 1922, by Major C. C. L. Fitzwilliam. Ashlar.
Collyweston slate roofs with stone coped gables, tall ashlar wall
stacks with grouped square and diamond set shafts. U-plan.
South front of 2 storeys and attics, 6 irregular bays, the end
bays are separately gabled. Off-centre 4 centred arched doorway
with hood mould and escutcheon over. To right a 6 light window
and to left 2 tall 4 light transomed windows, one a rectangular
bay window, with beyond a 4 light window and a further 6 light
window. To first floor are 2 three light and 2 four light
windows. The 2 gabled dormers and the end gables each contain a
3 light window. All windows have cavetto moulded mullions,
moulded surrounds and cornices. In the roof are 3 hipped
dormers, 2 light casements with slate hung cheeks. Once owned by
Dr Francis Willis, d,1807. Physician to George III. Not fully
inspected.


Listing NGR: TF0853511885

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.