This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8427 / 53°50'33"N
Longitude: -0.4359 / 0°26'9"W
OS Eastings: 503007
OS Northings: 439626
OS Grid: TA030396
Mapcode National: GBR TSD0.F7
Mapcode Global: WHGF4.8PN0
Entry Name: Lamp Standard Adjacent to No 44
Listing Date: 17 August 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317527
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167552
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU17
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Beverley
Built-Up Area: Beverley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Beverley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
BEVERLEY WOOD LANE
TA 0339 (north side)
17.8.77 adjacent to No 44
Late Georgian (post-1826) cast iron lamp standard presumed to have been made by William
Crosskill of Beverley. The square, stepped base has a stilted arch to
each face of the lower step and on each face of the upper step is a wreath.
Then an octagonal step to the column in the form of a fasces-minus-axehead
(symbolising a disused weapon of war). From a narrow collar rises a section
modelled on Pompeiian bronze standard lamps, surmounted by a copper gas-type
lantern of modern date.
Listing NGR: TA0300739626
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings