History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The George and Dragon Public House

A Grade II Listed Building in Billingborough, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8953 / 52°53'43"N

Longitude: -0.3409 / 0°20'27"W

OS Eastings: 511710

OS Northings: 334388

OS Grid: TF117343

Mapcode National: GBR GTC.JN7

Mapcode Global: WHGKT.QHW6

Entry Name: The George and Dragon Public House

Listing Date: 30 October 1968

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1317551

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194250

Location: Billingborough, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Billingborough

Built-Up Area: Billingborough

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Billingborough St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Horbling

Listing Text

BILLINGBOROUGH VICTORIA STREET
TF 1034-1134
(west side)
4/36 The George and
Dragon Public House
30.10.68
G.V. II

Coaching inn, now public house. C17, C20. Colourwashed
limestone rubble and ashlar, some colourwashed brick. Steeply
pitched pantile roofs with 4 stock brick ridge stacks. L-plan.
East side with 2 storeys and garret, and 5 bay front. Plinth. 2
canted, 2 storey bay windows in first and fourth bay, that to the
right with a 3 light mullion window flanked by single lights with
continuous moulded cornice. 2 light mullion window to right with
moulded cornice. Doorway to left with moulded cornice, 4
centred head with dragon motifs in spandrels, overlight and
partially glazed door. 3 light mullion window beyond with
moulded cornice. Canted bay to left with central side blocked
and flanked by single rectangular lights with continuous moulded
cornice. Above, a 3 light mullion window flanked by single
lights with continuous moulded cornice. 3 light mullion window
to right with moulded cornice. Canted bay beyond with 3 light
mullion window flanked by single lights and with a continuous
moulded cornice. South side with 5 bays including the gabled bay
to right and with a brick bay to left. Broad rendered first
floor band. Window to right with C20 4 centred head with
horizontal rectangular light above. Doorway to left with
moulded cornice, overlight and panelled door. 2 three light
mullion windows to left with a 2 light mullion window beyond, all
with moulded cornices. Doorway to left with broad rendered
lintel and partially glazed door. 4 three light mullion windows
above, with 2 light mullion garret window to right, all with
moulded cornices.


Listing NGR: TF1171034388

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.