History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Isles Field Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Goosnargh, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8525 / 53°51'8"N

Longitude: -2.6684 / 2°40'6"W

OS Eastings: 356126

OS Northings: 439788

OS Grid: SD561397

Mapcode National: GBR 9RTW.2R

Mapcode Global: WH857.ZFHG

Entry Name: Isles Field Farmhouse

Listing Date: 13 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1317586

English Heritage Legacy ID: 185924

Location: Goosnargh, Preston, Lancashire, PR3

County: Lancashire

District: Preston

Civil Parish: Goosnargh

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Goosnargh St Mary The Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Inglewhite

Listing Text

SD 53 NE
5/77

GOOSNARGH
SYKE HOUSE LANE
Isles Field Farmhouse

II
Farmhouse, dated 1709 on lintel, altered. Handmade brick, now rendered and painted white, with sandstone quoins, slate roof with gable chimneys. Double-depth 2-bay plan, with shallow rear projection in centre. Two storeys, symmetrical; central doorway with moulded surround incorporating shaped lintel lettered in relief 'H W M 1709', two 4-pane sashes on each floor. Left return wall wall has small sash window at ground floor and 2-light sliding sash at first floor; right return wall has small sliding sash window at 1st floor; both these walls have remains of small segmental-headed windows in the brickwork under the render. Rear has shallow staircase outshut in centre, a 6-pane stairlight in the upper part, but otherwise altered openings.
Interior: entrance passage made by inserted partition in front left room; beams with cyma and tongue-stopped chamfer in both front rooms, those in the left supported by moulded wooden corbels, and that in the rear right scarf-jointed c1 metre in front of the chimney breast (internal partition on this side removed); altered closed-string staircase with square oak newel posts and handrail with raised grip.


Listing NGR: SD5612639788

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.