History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Broadhead Farmhouse and Attached Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Goosnargh, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8844 / 53°53'3"N

Longitude: -2.6465 / 2°38'47"W

OS Eastings: 357602

OS Northings: 443330

OS Grid: SD576433

Mapcode National: GBR 9RYJ.V9

Mapcode Global: WH966.BM0H

Entry Name: Broadhead Farmhouse and Attached Barn

Listing Date: 13 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1317632

English Heritage Legacy ID: 185919

Location: Goosnargh, Preston, Lancashire, PR3

County: Lancashire

District: Preston

Civil Parish: Goosnargh

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Whitechapel St James

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Chipping

Listing Text

SD 54 SE GOOSNARGH OAKENCLOUGH ROAD (off)

2/72 Broadhead Farmhouse and
attached barn

II

Formerly known as Big Broadhead Farmhouse. Farmhouse, dated 1770 on datestone
at 1st floor, but possibly 2 builds, with barn attached at right end.
Sandstone, the left half of random rubble with quoins, the right half of
coursed squared stone, slate roof. Double depth 2-bay plan. Two storeys;
present front entrance by doorway offset slightly left of centre, one 16-pane
sashed window on each floor to the left, all these openings with square
punched stone surrounds; to the right the 2nd bay has a horizontal rectangular
3-light casement at ground floor and a 2-light flush mullion window above,
with 4-pane sashes in the lights; at the right end a former doorway with
moulded architrave has been altered as a window, the lower half of the jambs
mutilated, and at lst floor above this is a square datestone inscribed A:P
1770

Chimneys at left gable and on ridge. Barn continued on lower level to the
right, of random rubble, has wagon entrance to the middle bay with segmental
head made of 2 delicately curved blocks and a square keystone, a smaller door
to the right and a window beyond.


Listing NGR: SD5760243330

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.