History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Meldreth, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0985 / 52°5'54"N

Longitude: 0.0069 / 0°0'24"E

OS Eastings: 537566

OS Northings: 246357

OS Grid: TL375463

Mapcode National: GBR K75.GKN

Mapcode Global: VHHKM.2JH5

Entry Name: The Court

Listing Date: 18 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1317773

English Heritage Legacy ID: 52281

Location: Meldreth, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG8

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Meldreth

Built-Up Area: Meldreth

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Meldreth Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Melbourn

Listing Text

MELDRETH HIGH STREET
TL 3746
(East side)
22/228
Nos. 118 and 120
(The Court)
II


House. C17, enlarged on the north by parallel range in c.1790. Walls of C17
house repaired 1891 and 1892 (dated bricks). Red brick, with late C19 shaped C19 shaped
hung tiles and some terracotta decorative work of same period. Tiled roof to
C17 part and low pitch, slate roof to c.1790 extension on north. Rebuilt end
and internal stacks, one to the west gable end is dated 1773. Two storeys
and attic. Fenestration and other openings are all of late C19. The north
range, parallel and adjoining the C17 part is of two storeys and has a
symmetrical north facade of five window bays including the recessed centre
bay. Recessed twelve pane hung sashes. Central doorway in elliptical arch
with panelled door and margin lights. Pedimented gable end to the road with
a similar hung sash at first floor in a shallow recess with a segemental
arch. Inside: one room of the C17 part is said to retain original panelling
and a staircase of the period.

R.C.H.M.: Record Card (1949)


Listing NGR: TL3756646357

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.