This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1006 / 52°6'2"N
Longitude: -0.0197 / 0°1'11"W
OS Eastings: 535734
OS Northings: 246540
OS Grid: TL357465
Mapcode National: GBR K74.7TP
Mapcode Global: VHGN4.LGXK
Entry Name: 129, Meldreth Road
Listing Date: 22 November 1967
Last Amended: 4 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1317801
English Heritage Legacy ID: 52655
Location: Whaddon, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG8
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Whaddon
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Whaddon St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 3446 WHADDON MELDRETH ROAD
22.11.67 (formally listed as
Farmhouse, now house. C17, altered in C19 and C20. Timber-framed and clad
in roughcast with machine tile roofs and single-storey thatched wing to rear.
T-shaped plan with main front range with formerly three rooms on each floor
running north/south and rear wing slightly taller, running westwards. Main
brick stack at junction of two wings C19 projecting brick end ridge stack at
south end. East front: two storeys; three windows irregularly spaced with
wider spacing to left of centre. Half-glazed door in lean-to porch to south-
west. Interior: Stack rebuilt internally, timber-framing hidden on ground
floor except in rear range, and visible also on first floor and in roof.
Listing NGR: TL3573446540
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings