This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8794 / 53°52'45"N
Longitude: -2.7889 / 2°47'20"W
OS Eastings: 348231
OS Northings: 442863
OS Grid: SD482428
Mapcode National: GBR 8RZL.03
Mapcode Global: WH850.4R6C
Entry Name: Barn North-West of Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 29 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1318090
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185539
Location: Kirkland, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Kirkland
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Garstang St Helen, Churchtown
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 44 SE
7/145 Barn north-west of Old Vicarage
Barn, 1755. Brick and sandstone with tile roof. South wall has canopy with
cheeks at left, the lower part of the cheeks of stone. To the right are
breathers set in diamond patterns, and 2 doorways with stone lintels, the
right-hand one blocked. At the right the lower part of the wall has stone
quoins. The right-hand (east) gable wall has a doorway with stone lintel.
Above is a pitching door. Below it is an oval plaque inscribed: 'JP Vicar
Anno Domini 1755'. Inside there are 2 softwood king-post trusses.
Listing NGR: SD4823242863
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings