History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cottages on the Corner of Everton Road and Potton Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Gamlingay Great Heath, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1494 / 52°8'58"N

Longitude: -0.2249 / 0°13'29"W

OS Eastings: 521547

OS Northings: 251614

OS Grid: TL215516

Mapcode National: GBR J4Y.9XM

Mapcode Global: VHGMV.17YK

Entry Name: Cottages on the Corner of Everton Road and Potton Road

Listing Date: 3 September 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1318107

English Heritage Legacy ID: 52739

Location: Gamlingay, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG19

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Gamlingay

Built-Up Area: Gamlingay Great Heath

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Gamlingay St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Gamlingay

Listing Text

GAMLINGAY EVERTON ROAD
TL 25SW (East side)

3/75
Cottages on the
corner of Everton
Road and Potton Road
(Nos. 1 and 2)

II

Handed pair of cottages. Circa 1850. Coursed carstone rubble with rendered
dressings. Thatched roof and shared gault brick stack of two shafts linked at
entablature. Two storeys with rendered rusticated quoins and a band. Each
cottage has single light cast-iron casement with lozenge lights in a red brick
pointed arch. At ground floor adjacent, original open sided timber porches
with thatched gable roofs and a similar casement to the side. Low wings,
thatched and brick, added to each end. C20. One of colony of sixty dwellings
built by William Wilkieson following enclosure in 1844.

RCHM: West Cambs mon (47)


Listing NGR: TL2154751614

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.