History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cobblers Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Bolton-le-Sands, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1024 / 54°6'8"N

Longitude: -2.7891 / 2°47'20"W

OS Eastings: 348495

OS Northings: 467682

OS Grid: SD484676

Mapcode National: GBR 8PY0.Y4

Mapcode Global: WH841.443T

Entry Name: Cobblers Lodge

Listing Date: 2 May 1968

Last Amended: 7 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1318135

English Heritage Legacy ID: 181789

Location: Bolton-le-Sands, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Bolton-le-Sands

Built-Up Area: Bolton-le-Sands

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Bolton-le-Sands Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Carnforth

Listing Text

SD 48 67 BOLTON-LE-SANDS THE NOOK

13/25 No. 12 (Cobblers Lodge)
2. 5. 1968 (formerly listed as Nos 12 and 14)

II

House, formerly 2 cottages, 1686. Rubble with sandstone dressings and slate
roof. 2 storeys. Main facade faces away from the road. Former east
cottage has a 4-light rebated and chamfered mullioned window at the east end
with a similar window of 3 lights above. To the left is a former door now a
window, with plain surround. Above is a window with wooden lintel and plain
reveals. West cottage has, at the west end of the facade, a one-light window
with stone lintel and plain reveals on both ground and 1st floors. To the
right is a doorway with plain jambs and re-set shaped lintel. West gable
has a doorway with plain reveals.East gable has a chimney. 2nd chimney between
2 former cottages. 3 rebated and chamfered surrounds with mullions removed to
the rear. Inside. The east room has a wide fireplace with elaborate incised
decoration on the lintel, with date and initials 'WWE1686'. Cobble-lined well
under floor visible through plate glass panel.


Listing NGR: SD4849567683

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.