This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.4043 / 54°24'15"N
Longitude: -1.7355 / 1°44'7"W
OS Eastings: 417269
OS Northings: 501010
OS Grid: NZ172010
Mapcode National: GBR JKBH.2Y
Mapcode Global: WHC6D.9KTG
Entry Name: The Grove
Listing Date: 1 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1318419
English Heritage Legacy ID: 322960
Location: Richmond, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL10
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Richmond
Built-Up Area: Richmond
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Richmond with Holy Trinity with Hudswell
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
1549 (West Side)
No 37 (The Grove)
NZ 1701 NW 3/71 1.8.52.
A large red brick mansion set back from the rood. Built in 1750 by Caleb
Readshaw, Mayor of Richmond. Old slate roof. Original part of three
storeys. Five windows, moulded stone frames, hung sashes, no glazing
bars. A one-window extension on the left hand. Chamfered stone quoins.
Moulded stone cornice. Brick parapets, stone capped. Left-hand section
set back slightly. One three-light window to each storey, rusticated
stone keystones, no glazing bars. Main section has two large ground-floor
semi-circular bows with stone half-columnn, probably early C19. Three
lights. Later central moulded stone doorcase with plain frame, pulvinated
frieze and cornice. Modern door. Interior probably good. N.M.R.
Nos 1 to 27 (consec) and Nos 31 to 43 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: NZ1726901010
Other nearby listed buildings