History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Manor House

A Grade II* Listed Building in Milston, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2061 / 51°12'21"N

Longitude: -1.7691 / 1°46'8"W

OS Eastings: 416228

OS Northings: 145234

OS Grid: SU162452

Mapcode National: GBR 4ZQ.9K4

Mapcode Global: VHB55.9Y39

Entry Name: The Old Manor House

Listing Date: 10 January 1953

Last Amended: 27 November 1989

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1318536

English Heritage Legacy ID: 321505

Location: Milston, Wiltshire, SP4

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Milston

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Milston with Brigmerston St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Figheldean

Listing Text

The following list entry:
SU 14 NE MILSTON CHURCH ROAD
(west side)

2/195 The Old House

GV II*

shall be amended to read:

SU 14 NE MILSTON CHURCH ROAD
(west side)

2/195 The Old Manor House

GV II*

------------------------------------

MILSTON CHURCH ROAD
SU 14 NE
(west side)
2/195 The Old House
10.1.53

GV II*
Manor house, 1613, for Roger Pinckney, possibly incorporating
earlier work, restored later C19 and C20. Flint with limestone
dressings. Two storeys and attic. 'L'-plan comprising a 3 bay
range with central hall, drawing room to west, and dining room in
forward wing on left. Entrance in re-entrant angle, a 6 panelled
door. Two and 3-light stone-mullioned windows with hoodmoulds,
those on first floor replaced in C19, and canted bay windows
inserted on ground floor of north and west gables. Coped gables
and datestone reading 1613 RP on north gable. Stack with 5
diagonally set shafts.
Interior: Ground floor altered. Dog-leg stair in recess off hall
between kitchen and dining room, early C17, with two turned
balusters to each bracketed tread, and fluted stanchions. First
floor subdivided into bedrooms by C17 panelling of various types.
Roof has straight wind braces to central truss only.


Listing NGR: SU1622845234

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.