This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0725 / 51°4'20"N
Longitude: -2.0231 / 2°1'23"W
OS Eastings: 398476
OS Northings: 130351
OS Grid: ST984303
Mapcode National: GBR 2Y8.RBG
Mapcode Global: FRA 66N9.1MV
Entry Name: Ley Farmhouse
Listing Date: 27 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1318683
English Heritage Legacy ID: 320410
Location: Teffont, Wiltshire, SP3
Civil Parish: Teffont
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Teffont Evias with Teffont Magna St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 93 SE TEFFONT TISBURY ROAD
1/184 Ley Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Circa 1818 for Wyndhams of Phillips House (q.v., Dinton
C.P.). Coursed rubble stone with ashlar dressings, hipped Welsh
slate roof, brick stacks. L-plan. Two-storey, 3-window front.
Central half-glazed door with margin-panes and fanlight in late C19
gabled glazed porch with bargeboards, either side is 12-pane sash.
First floor has plat band, three 12-pane sashes. Deep eaves to
shallow-pitched roof. Right return has two 12-pane sashes to
ground and first floors, plat band to first floor. Left return has
three 12-pane sashes to ground floor, two 12-pane and one 8-pane
sash to first floor. Rear has 12-pane sashes and 2-storey kitchen
and service range with planked doors, and 2-light casements.
Service range continues to north with cartshed and stables
Interior retains original fittings such as 4-panelled doors,
internal shutters, central stairs with stick balusters and back
stairs with planked door, stone floors to services and passages.
Listing NGR: ST9847630351
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings