History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Edlesborough, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8364 / 51°50'10"N

Longitude: -0.5621 / 0°33'43"W

OS Eastings: 499167

OS Northings: 216284

OS Grid: SP991162

Mapcode National: GBR F46.W45

Mapcode Global: VHFRR.63PK

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 9 October 1980

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1319212

English Heritage Legacy ID: 42023

Location: Edlesborough, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP4

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Edlesborough

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Eaton Bray with Edlesborough

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Ivinghoe

Listing Text

SP 91 NE EDLESBOROUGH RINGSHALL ROAD
(DAGNALL)

5/40 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

9.10.80
- II

Built as a church day school and mission room, solely used as a church since
1908. 1863, for the last Earl Brownlow. Built in bands of yellow, red
and brown brick, with narrow bands of blue brick to clerestory, and with
tiled roofs, in the form of an Italian basilica with late Gothic details.
All windows have cast iron latticing, the clerestory with a row of 15
rectangular lights, the aisles having 2 and 3-light similar windows with
moulded terracotta mullions. W. end has central door in 2-centred arch
of moulded brick with cable and nailhead ornament, the jambs with
paired stone shafts, partly missing, and carved foliage capitals. Flanking
windows of 3 pointed arched lights in stone surrounds with shafts to
mullions and jambs. Round clerestory window above also has moulded brick
surround. Arched bell-cote. E. end has canted apse of c.1860, of
timber-frame and brick. Gabled vestry in matching style attached to
N.E. S.W. side has brick wall surrounding 2 small separate courts with
square cloak-room pavilions at corners. Plain interior with iron columns
supporting clerestory.


Listing NGR: SP9916716284

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.