This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8751 / 51°52'30"N
Longitude: -0.9171 / 0°55'1"W
OS Eastings: 474646
OS Northings: 220171
OS Grid: SP746201
Mapcode National: GBR C0P.GYP
Mapcode Global: VHDTX.240C
Entry Name: Cross Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1319249
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42216
Location: Quainton, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Quainton
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Quainton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 7420 QUAINTON THE GREEN
8/69 Cross Farmhouse
House. Dated 1723 on carved stone plaque with Dormer family coat-of-Arms.
Chequer brick with vitreous headers, red brick quoins and window
surrounds, and moulded plinth, first floor band course and eaves. Old
tile roof, brick coped gables, partly rebuilt brick chimney between
right bays. Double pile plan, the narrow rear range with 3 hipped roof
spurs at right-angles to front range. 2 storeys and attic, 5 bays.
3-pane sash windows in flush wooden frames. 3 C20 hipped dormers with
paired leaded casements, blocked cellar window to right. Centre bay
has blind window panel over 9-panelled door in Wooden frame. All openings
to main floors have segmental heads. Similar sashes or blind windows to
sides, the left gable with oval window to attic, and Regency ironwork
brought from Aylesbury. Small C20 brick extensions with entry and garages
at N.W. corner. House said to have been built by Robert Dormer, J.P.,
for one of his daughters.
Listing NGR: SP7464620171
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings