This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4914 / 51°29'29"N
Longitude: -0.5604 / 0°33'37"W
OS Eastings: 500039
OS Northings: 177920
OS Grid: TQ000779
Mapcode National: GBR F8G.H3L
Mapcode Global: VHFT9.7SK2
Entry Name: Main Building, Courtyard Walls, Stable and Gatehouse Blocks, Admiralty Compass Observatory at Ditton Park
Listing Date: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1319354
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40655
Location: Datchet, Windsor and Maidenhead, SL3
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Civil Parish: Datchet
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Datchet
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5130 DATCHET DITTON PARK ROAD
Main Building, courtyard
walls, stable and gatehouse
at Ditton Park.
TQ 0077 7/1
Rebuilt after fire of 1812 to include some remains of older house. 1813-1817,
architect William Atkinson, pupil of James Wyatt. Cement rendered on brick early
Gothic Revival style with turrets and crenellations.
Main building with entrance courtyard surrounded by stables and gatehouses all within
ancient moat. Entrance facade has three storey central portion, three windows with
label moulds over. Central door between "Gothic" windows with two centred arches,
and flanked by turrets and plain two storey one window wings with crenellated parapets.
Garden front has full height octagonal bay window with Gothic cast iron balustrade
to balcony at first floor.
Interior: ground floor gallery has heavily modelled, vaulted plaster ceiling.
Entrance hall has beamed plaster ceiling. Main stair has fine cast iron Gothic
Entrance courtyard is enclosed to north and south by C17 brick walls and C18 brick
stable and gatehouses with rendered buttresses plinth and architraves. 'Gothicised'
in C19. Central towers over large four-centred arch. Stableshave wood dock turret.
Listing NGR: TQ0003977920
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings