This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4621 / 51°27'43"N
Longitude: -2.5038 / 2°30'13"W
OS Eastings: 365094
OS Northings: 173800
OS Grid: ST650738
Mapcode National: GBR CXG.GQ
Mapcode Global: VH88P.KJ50
Entry Name: Parish Church of the Holy Trinity and Churchyard Walls Fronting Street and on West, Running Southwards for Approximately 100 Yards
Listing Date: 6 June 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1319749
English Heritage Legacy ID: 28729
Location: South Gloucestershire, BS15
County: South Gloucestershire
Electoral Ward/Division: Woodstock
Built-Up Area: Bristol
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Kingswood
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5118 EX-KINGSWOOD UD HIGH STREET
Parish Church of
the Holy Trinity
and Churchyard walls
fronting street and
on west, running southwards
for approximately 100 yds
ST 6573 10/169 6.6.51
1821, a good example of Commissioners Gothic, altered by addition of 2
bay chancel and vestry in 1900 and roof of circa 1850. Ashlar on moulded
plinth with Roman tile roof. Four bays, Tudor Gothick. Three-light windows
in drips. Weathered buttresses, corner buttresses diagonal. Three stage
embattled tower with corner finials and diagonal buttresses, Geometric
windows one per face on each stage, lower stage has inscribed quatrefoils.
Weathervane. Tudor arch west door, studded. Two bay chancel with slate
roof, decorated-style windows and north and south chapels.
Interior: original internal west door, Tudor Gothick panelling and studded
stair turret door. West gallery with original side rails and panelling
and with royal arms and dedication inscription on string. Chancel has
1897-1908 decorative scheme, part stencilled and part applied paintings.
Two loose panels of stained glass, late C19 east window and small stained
glass panels in north porch chapel. Church set back from High Street by
graveyard. Rubble pennant wall about 3 ft high to street. The graveyard
wall to west is original about 5-6 ft high pennant rubble with ironstone
and oceas pennant buttresses.
Listing NGR: ST6509473800
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings