This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4255 / 51°25'31"N
Longitude: -2.4643 / 2°27'51"W
OS Eastings: 367813
OS Northings: 169710
OS Grid: ST678697
Mapcode National: GBR JX.PDTH
Mapcode Global: VH88X.7FKK
Entry Name: Hunters Hall
Listing Date: 15 July 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1319775
English Heritage Legacy ID: 28481
Location: Bitton, South Gloucestershire, BS30
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Bitton
Built-Up Area: Bitton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Warmley Syston and Bitton
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
980/14/113 BATH ROAD
15-JUL-81 (South side)
Dated 1828. Gothic style. Two storeys, rubble with ashlar dressings,coved cornice and crenellated parapet. Coped verges, end chimneys with diagonal stacks. Perpendicular style tracery in windows. Two windows, sub-divided and with foiled overlight under arched head, square label on 1st floor, arched on ground floor; shields and badges painted in upper lights. Central tracery panel on 1st floor with relief of a fox over and lozenge tablet below inscribed "Isaac Ship, Hunters Hall MDCCCXXVIII". Plain arched opening below, former entrance, now a window with moulded arched head. One bay extension to left as porch with Tudor arch doorway. Return gable has 2 pigeon-holes. Two windows in gabled return to right, a cross loop and 2 pigeon-holes; lower 2 storey 1+3 window extension with 2-light mullion and dripmould windows, left hand range with foilded heads, and with a number of pigeon-holes. Gables at rear of house have ball finials.
Listing NGR: ST6781369710
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings